Monday, March 7, 2011

England Vs South Africa My First world cup - on stadium experience

It was on 6th March 2011. I bought ticket for this match for Rs 1000.
Tried hard to get a ticket for India match but could not get it
and got ticket for the above match believing that it will be a good
entertainer. I am not disappointed and it was a nail bitting finish.


Match starts at 9.30 am and I started from my room at 8 am as it will take 1 hour to reach
Chepauk from pallikaranai where I am staying. In the train able to see lot of
enthuthiastic fans chatting about cricket. It was at 9.20 am when I reached the stadium.
People started running as soon as train stopped there since there was a music
and loud cheer coming from the stadium.

Felt excited when entering as the atmosphere is very cheerful and staff are giving
plastic boards with runs printed on it. Also flags were given and some one gave me an England
flag. My neighboure in the queue asked for both the flags hoping that its a t-shirt. Found that
there are lot of freshers for that match just like me. While I entered saw de-villiers standing
near deep square leg ropes.

There are two jiant screens in which replays are shown immediately and in fact players are also referring
the jiant screen. Main difference between watching the match in the TV and the stadium is the elecrifying
atmosphere and the athletics shown by the players. International player standard is far far better than
league players. South Afrians fielders are true athletics in the field. Able to see the wonderful sight
of seeing Steyn bowling bouncers to england batsmen. Just wondering about the atmosphere when India is playing against pakistan. Its a game of spirit and its a game of emotions.

I spent 7.30 hours in the stadium and it was not at all boring as we get bored between 16 to 34 overs while watching it in the tv. It was all South Africa for almost all 90 overs. In the last 10 overs england got vital wickets and won the match. Eager to see more such matches and willing to spend for IPL matches too.

No comments:

Post a Comment